Monday, October 5, 2009

Dan and I have been training for a little over a week. The training was off to a slow start, but we are now picking it up. The first week, it was hard to get into the training, we seemed to be busy every night and then it would rain. On Saturday, October 3, Dan had to walk by himself, because I had a work function at Great America. Let me tell you though, I did get my walking in.

Our coach has started our training different this time. When I trained in 2008, I was scheduled to walk so many miles each day. This time, we are just walking so many minutes each day. It does not matter how many miles we walk. Even with this, Dan and I are still pushing for a goal of walking faster than I did in 2008. Now for Dan this is easy, he has long legs and has longer steps than I do. For me, it is about one and half steps for one of Dan's. Dan's goal is to finish the marathon (26.2 miles) in 6 hours. He is hoping to cut a minute off my time of 14 min 51 sec mile.

During our time walking we get to talk and catch up on what is going on. How the day went and what we need to do. Today, Dan was very excited because he actually received his first donation from a co-worker.

So training has started, we are doing it together, which is great! It has also been reassuring, when others let us know that it is great we are facing this challenge together.

To keep up with our progress, please visit our Team page at the link below.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/wi/mardigra10/TeamSaugstad

I look forward to letting you know how we are doing. Thanks for visiting my blog. Brenda

"He give strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength." Isaiah 40: 29, 31

No comments: