Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday, October 13

Today was a stressful day for Dan and myself. I arrived home at 5:00 p.m., Dan was not home yet, so I decided to start getting ready to walk because I had a meeting I needed to go to at church. As I was putting my socks on, Dan drives into the subdivision. When he enters the house, Scott says to Dan, you better hurry because mom is ready to go. As we are about to head out the door, we remember Schwans will be coming soon. We have our list created, so we decide to put it on the door and ask Cary to come back later.

Off we go. This time we take a different route in the subdivision and as we are walking, we are listening to birds and I believe we heard the same owl from the night before. One thing I really enjoy about waking in the subdivision is that we never know what we will see or hear.

Writing about the training is not always entertaining, but it helps me to put things into perspective. Again, we are on the 40 minute training schedule for this week. This is to get us use to walking longer time periods, because when we start getting into the longer training days of miles, we will be walking for a minimum of an hour to start before going for 2-3 hours.

As we walked back into our subdivision, the Schwans truck drove past. Yes, it was Cary the Schwans man. We have formed a relationship with Cary and we always enjoy talking to him when he comes each month. It is great to learn how others have handled circumstances in their lives. With the sharing, we learn how these circumstances has made each person stronger in life. Then to our surprise, Cary was the first to actually make a online donation for us. What a blessing he is in friendship.

These are the days that will be challenging, but with the support of family, friends and prayer, we will strive on for the purpose we started this for. To continue to help Emma (our sponsored child) and the many individuals that are affected by blood cancers.

No comments: