Monday, October 22, 2007

Saturday, October 20

On Saturday, I was scheduled to walk 8 miles. I wanted to start walking by 10:00 a.m. for I could be home between 12:00 and 12:30 for I had time to get some things done before having to bowl at 4:00 p.m. In waiting to see if a friend was going to be available to walk with me, I decided to wait until 10:15 a.m. I guess there was a reason for this delay. During this time, Scott called stating he was running out of gas on the way to our house to do his laundry. So, I had to take some gas to him for he could get to a gas station. When he finally makes it to our house, he realized he forgot the diaper bag, so he had no diapers or formula for Peyton (granddaughter). As a good mother and grandmother, I went to the store to make a few purchases.

Finally, Sarah and I are ready to walk and it is 11:45 a.m. We decided to take along some powerade and sport beans and started on the walk. We walked from my house through Sussex and past Quad Graphics. Usually, when Sarah and I walk she is more prepared, because she trained for a triathlon this past summer, and she was scheduled to participate in the marathon with me in Phoenix. Today, since Sarah has not been walking much due to her college classes, for once I was more prepared. Walking long miles with Sarah, always gives us a chance to catch up and have some fun. As we stopped to stretch along the way, we laughed as we attempted to work out some cramps. Since neither of us had a big breakfast, the smell of food kept tempting us to stop, but we kept going and eventually made it back home where Sarah crashed on the lawn. I always enjoy walking with Sarah, because we have fun and the time flies by. I am going to miss Sarah during the marathon, but she has a great opportunity to travel to Africa with school and earn 3 credits towards her nursing degree. As she is excited for me to go the Phoenix and participate in the PF Chang's Rock n Roll marathon, I am as excited for her to visit Africa.

No comments: