Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Week of December 2 - 8

Now it has gotten too dangerous to walk outside with the snow and ice. The roads are not clear enough to stay out of the way of traffic. I have stated earlier I do not like my treadmill, but this week, the treadmill is becoming my worst best friend. We have been spending time together trying to pass the miles while starring at 4 walls. The TV does not always help, the MP3 player helps, but walking on the treadmill just gets old, not going anywhere. One night, Dan was sitting in the family room watching TV and talking to me, that helped the time to go by quicker.

Then, it hit me, I caught the cold bug. I was to meet with Karen on Friday, December 7 to walk 16 miles, because Saturday was already booked. Karen contacted me to let me know she could not walk because of still not being fully recovered. I mentioned I was down with a cold, and she recommended that I do not walk the 16 miles, my body had to recover from the cold, or I would not be able to walk the full marathon. She was not worried about me missing the mileage, since I have been training all along. So, rest it is.

No comments: