Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Week of Sunday, December 9 - Saturday, December 15

I am still on R&R. I have to start walking soon, my muscles are getting sore from not walking. It is now Wednesday and I decide to get on the treadmill. It is a slow process and I do not do many miles, but it is a start. On Thursday, I get on the treadmill once again, I walk more miles but at a slower pace, that is OK, I am walking and training again. Friday, I have off of work, I decided to check out the roads. I drive the route I used to walk, it is pretty clear. If I head out a little later, most of the traffic is gone. The sun is shining and it helps in walking since it is still cold. I am dressed in two layers on my legs, 4 layers on my upper half, with 3 layers on my arms. I put on a hat and have a covering for my face if I need it. I grab the MP3 player and I am on my way. I decide I am going to attempt 5 miles today. I start walking and all of a sudden I realize I am further into my walk than expected and it feels really good to be outside again. The 5 miles went by in no time and I felt like I had accomplished a milestone once again. I hope I am ready for Saturday, December 15, 18 - 20 miles.

No comments: