Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Monday, November 2

Well, it is a new month and we are ending the 40 minutes walk and will be increasing to 45 and 50 minutes. Next week we will actually start with mileage. Last night, I started out before Dan and Scott, because they were not quite ready. I told them that they walk fast enough they will be able to catch up. So, here we go. I know they are behind be somewhere, but cannot hear them. After a little bit, I can finally hear them talking, but wondering why they have not caught up. I figured they were playing with me and figured since I have a slower pace, it should not take long for them to catch up. Well, it came to where the route went down hill and since we have been trying to incorporate some running (if that is what we can call it), i decided to jog. Needless to say, since it was down hill, the pace was a little quicker than they expected. All of a suddent they realized I was moving faster than I originally started. Needless to say they had to pick it up a little to catch up. Finally, we are all walking together. Of course I was out of breath.

After completing the walk, Dan and I went to Erin and Josh's to drop off some milk and potatoes. It was after 8:00 p.m. and we thought Mackenzie would be in bed. To our surprise she was resting with mom, but still up. I decided to sit in the rocking chair to visit a little before we left. All of a suddent, Mackenzie asked to come by me, then she says, " gramma read." She goes to her room, comes back with a book (Merry Christmas Curious George), crawls up on my lap to be read to. This was great! It is not often I get to read a bed time story to Mackenzie. After this, Dan and I got up to leave and Mackenzie crawls back up by mom to snuggle before bed.

What a wonderful way to end an evening.

No comments: