Tuesday, November 20, 2007

November 12 - 16

This was another week of me and the MP3 player for the 4-5 mile walks each day. During this week, I actually had the opportunity to watch two deer walk across the road just a few yards in front of me during two different areas of the route. What a site to see. I bet the deer hunters wish they were there with me and it was hunting season.

On Friday this week, it was about 7:20 a.m. and it was really quiet during the walk. All of a sudden, I heard this sound, (like a bike tire coming to a quick stop and sliding across pavement). I jumped, along with my heart to my throat, turned around to see a squirrel about 3 feet off the ground moving toward a tree (it was like seeing Rocky, the flying squirrel).

Dan was hoping to start walking with me again soon, but he received a phone call from the doctors office, stating the molds for his orthotics were destroyed. He had to return to the doctors office to get the new molds made and now wait another few weeks.

No comments: