Friday, November 9, 2007

Sunday, October 28

I am still in Dallas, it is not a scheduled walk day, but I decided it would be good to do something. This morning I was up at 5:45 a.m., just enough time to brush my teeth and pull my hair back and head down to the lobby. The conference had planned a walk/run group. I thought this would be a good way to meet some other individuals at the conference. There were about 8 of us that gathered, introduced ourselves and went on our way. We walked about 3 miles and then back to get ready for the conference.

As we walked, in the dark, there was not a lot of traffic, it was Sunday. We saw a few police officers, but we also passed by some homeless individuals, who slept not in cardboard boxes or with blankets, but sitting upright on the bus stop bench.

This time of the morning is definitely a time to walk with others. The experience was great!

No comments: