Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Saturday, November 24

It is Saturday after Thanksgiving. It is a 14 mile day. Definitely a good walk to work off the Thanksgiving meal. Today, Lori, Jen and Mary joined Beth (1/2 marathon) and myself. Khris was out of town for the holiday. We started out together, then Jen and I picked up the pace since I had to walk 14 miles and Beth only 8 miles. Everyone, but me was only looking at walking the 8 miles, because Jen and Lori had to flyer the Christmas parade in Grafton.

Jen walked with me to the Shorewood sign on Lake Drive on the East side of Milwaukee. Then she told me I was on my own. Jen did mention when she got back to her vehicle she would drive by to see how I was doing. I had to walk further north to make up the 2 miles we cut off by not walking the point by the McKinley Marina. Now, I am on my own and not sure where I was going. I finally saw the sign for Big Bay Park and looking to see which way I had to go, but then to my surprise, Jen and Lori were walking across the street to let me know where I needed to go. This is definitely what having mentors is all about. They were able to direct in the right direction and then again I was on my own. I was able to finish the 14 miles in about 3 hours and 10 minutes.

After walking, I went home to start Christmas cookie baking. I invited Abby, from church, to help with baking. Erin was there with Mackenzie wrapping Christmas gifts. Another long, but fruitful day.

No comments: